cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

image browser ex will not launch

crockett1119
Apprentice

I recently installed Digital Camera Solution disk for my Power Shot SX280 HS.  When launching Image Browser EX, it gets to 80% complete and returns the error message "Failed to load properly.  Verify that Silverlight is properly installed and start Image Browser Ex again."  I uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Silverlight and still received the same error message when trying to launch Image Browser Ex.  I next uninstall and reintstalled Image Browser EX from the solution disk and I am still getting the same error message.  Can anyone help me with this.

7 REPLIES 7

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Crockett1119,

Thanks for writing in!

So that we may better assist you, please contact us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am having the same problem...how can I fix this??

Swhartlage
Apprentice

I've had the exact same problem since I purchased the new computer with Window 8.  Every once in a while the software will load which just drives me crazy.  HP(computer manufactor) and Canon has been no help.

Hi Swhartlate, I called Canon Support and they were able to walk me thru installing a fix for Microsoft Silverlight from the Microsoft website and it resolved the issue for me

Thanks, I might try them again.  I tried before and they couldn't help me.  Some of their so called fixes would work one time only.

Steve

marshrat99
Apprentice

Same problem here.  I'm running Windows XP and using Canon ELPH 330.  My difference is that I can run Imagebrowser after I installed and using under my computer's admin account.   I get the problem when I'm trying to run under the restricted account.  I've seen this sort of thing before on XP and was a security issue.   However I've not been able to determine the tweaks needed for Imagebrowser.  I've read where you can do a reset on Internet Explorer but this don't work for me either.

Hi Marshrat99

The solution may differ based on your specififc workflow.  So that we can properly customize a walkthrough for you, please contact us here.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements