cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to ungroup a set of pictures in playback on powershot sx60

ballina
Apprentice

I often hit the wrong button an a group of pictures I shot get into group set playback.  I cannot find in the manual how to ungroup these pictures - which then stops me from magnifying a image in playback to check it out.  Is there a way?

Rose

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Mykolas
Authority

Hi ballina!

Thanks for the post.

Pressing the <UP> button will display [Display All Images], then pressing the <FUNC/SET> button will cancel group playback.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

It worked.  Thanks

R

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mykolas
Authority

Hi ballina!

Thanks for the post.

Pressing the <UP> button will display [Display All Images], then pressing the <FUNC/SET> button will cancel group playback.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It worked.  Thanks

R

So does this mean that you have to go through these steps each time?  In other works there is no way to ungroup them permanently ?

I do not find this to be an acceptable answer. your answer was "Pressing the <UP> button will display [Display All Images], then pressing the <FUNC/SET> button will cancel group playback. " I don't see an "UP" button but I assume you mean the top of the ring. If you press the UP button without first hitting FUNC/SET, you get a screen that asks you to choose a nickname for the phone.

So you first have to hit FUNC/SET then press the up button and this does separate the group. However when I do this I am presented with a situation that only allows me to scroll between every tenth photo. In other words, they are still grouped it sets of 10. If there are more than ten but less then twenty it goes back and forth between the first shot of the first 10 images and the first shot of the next set then back to the first shot of the first 10 again. If there are less than 10 images, you only get a preview of the first shot. This is just so ridiculously cumbersome. Is there a way to further break these photos up? I can't believe I have no way of reviewing my photos in the field but so far that is the way it is.

Hello thruhiker, 

On the PowerShot SX60 HS you can further view these as individual images.  To ungroup images so they are displayed only as single still images, choose Menu> Playback tab> Group Images> Off.  However grouped images cannot be ungrouped during individual playback.  

I still have a problem.  It took me a while to realize that of the three menu choises, the one with the arrow is the playback menu I guess, at least I scrolled down through over a dozen choices before finding the group images choice.  I turned that off assuming all the photos could be viewed separatly, and when I try to scroll through them, I am presented with two additional choices of scroll between 100 immages or scroll between 10 immages.  I find no way to break those up further.  I am shooting birds on continueous mode and often have a dozen or more shots to a set.  I need to view them separately so I can tell if I have a good shot.  It would be wonderful if turning them off would just make them all single shots.  Why in God's green earth would anyone want them still grouped in groups of 10 or 100?  Hoe do I break them up? 

I finely found the section in the manual that refers to my problem. On page 106 of the manual it shows my options and the option I need is not there. So the way I read it I cannot shot multiple images and then review them. I only have an option of reviewing every 10th or every 100th image. This ludicrous and totally unacceptable! If I am shooting a bird in the filed I want the multiple image option to get the most shots of a moving bird and then I want to review the photos to be sure I got a good shot. This camera apparently will not allow that. (I could do this with my SX50) This really diminishes my ability to function in the field and the only way I can survive is shoot hundreds of shots and HOPE I get a good one. If you have a solution, PLEASE inform me. I realize you are probably the messenger so I will hold my fire.:)

Hi thruhiker! 

Thanks for joining and posting in the Canon Forums! 

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback.

If you are in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. 

If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

We hope this helps! 

Announcements