cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I down load pictures to my computer?

3malachi11
Apprentice

4 REPLIES 4

3malachi11
Apprentice

ScottyP
Authority

The camera probably came with a cord to connect the camera to the computer. It should more or less start the process automatically, though it may not. There are a lot of little things that can go wrong. 

The simplest and I'd say best way way is to use a card reader. Your computer may have a slot to plug the SD memory card from your camera into the computer. If not you can get a card reader anywhere (Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc ) for less than $20.00 that plugs into the computer. 

Using the card in the card reader doesn't run down the camera's battery like hioking the camera

to the computer does. 

Using the the card reader is clear and simple. You make a folder on the computer. You drag and drop the images from the card into the file you made on the computer.  No flakey issues with making the camera talk to the computer. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

Scotty:

This cheap camera did NOT come with any sort of cord. It also did not come with any sort of "card" I had to "borrow" one from my old camera. Let's see, Canon now expects a customer to purchase; a memory card and a usb cable...adding approximately $70.00 to the cost. Which is NOT indicated anywhere in the packaging...

There is no excuse for this pathetic scam "camera." You should not be making lame attempts to explain away a rip-off!!!

@aMaZgRaZ wrote:

Scotty:

This cheap camera did NOT come with any sort of cord. It also did not come with any sort of "card" I had to "borrow" one from my old camera. Let's see, Canon now expects a customer to purchase; a memory card and a usb cable...adding approximately $70.00 to the cost. Which is NOT indicated anywhere in the packaging...

There is no excuse for this pathetic scam "camera." You should not be making lame attempts to explain away a rip-off!!!

Excuse?  Excuse me but I thought your question was as written in the title, "How do I (upload) pictures to my computer?"  I believe my response constituted a good faith effort to assist with your stated difficulty. 

Had you titled your post "Join me in a peculiar, hyperbolic attack on the manufacturer or else get flamed" I think - no - I am positive - I would not have tried to help. 

Merry Christmas though!

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements