cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g7x mark ii cannot connect with windows 7

Scfonta
Apprentice

Both g7x mark ii and windows 7 connect with my network extension device, but camera then does "searching for device" and never finds PC. I am running "add a device" on the PC at the same time, but it never finds the camera. I have downloaded and run canon software, did a restart on key services (rebooted computer too). I reset wifi settings on camera and reconnected to network. I watched and followed canon's support video. The PC and camera are on same network but not finding one another. Tried turning off real time virus protection. I see no reason why network extender shouldn't act as an access point just like a router. In fact, I am able to connect my iphone to the camera through the network extender.

Any suggestions? thanks

1 REPLY 1

Scfonta
Apprentice

Worked with Customer Service on the issue. Media streaming keeps turning off (unresolved but on right now - told it is liikely connected with windows media player) and zone alarm free firewall was blocking my PC and camera from seeing one another. While media streaming was on, and zonealarm firewall off, I managed to get a photo transferred. My new canon cable just arrived and I might stick with that (hope I can get it to work). 

Customer support tech guy was great - worked with me on my level of expertise which is out of date expert. Hard level to work with! Thanks.

Announcements