cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect elph 360 wifi to mac

brothers
Apprentice

I can't seem to connect my new ELPH360HS to MAC. I can download photos to the Canon Gateway cloud site but not to my Mac. Followed instructions in manual but there must be some simple setting I'm missing.

29 REPLIES 29

Danny

Hi, brothers!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Mac OS X you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/ContactCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

El Capitan

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Brothers,

Thank you for posting.

Because the Canon CameraWindow has not been updated for Mac El Capitan's wireless function, our cameras cannot communicate wirelessly with your computer. I regret the difficulty this causes.

Canon's software engineers are aware of this issue and are working on a solution. Unfortunately, we don't have an estimate for the arrival of the updated CameraWindow. I regret the difficulty this causes.

Until the software has been updated, I recommend transferring your images via USB, as described, beginning on page 126 of the PowerShot ELPH 360 HS Camera User Guide.

Your camera accepts a USB to mini-B cable.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have been a Canon owner since 1968. The reason I bought the ELPH360 for my wife was because of the WiFi feature. I have owned the camera less than a month and I am unable to return it to the camera shop since their return policy is good for 15 days. I would have bought another model. Wish Canon would have labeled the box or informed the shop about the ELPH360 WiFi shortcoming.

I recently bought my first, and apparently my last, Canon camera last year. Works great, but the lack of wifi compatibility on the Mac is utterly ridiculous.

The original post was in August, 2016. It is now a couple of weeks shy of six months later, and there is still no working software for this. 

Get it together. You're losing customers.

Last night, just for kicks, I tried to connect my camera via WiFi on a laptop using Windows 10. That was a no-go as well.

I'm going to try to connect later this week using my girlfriend's laptop. She's still on Windows 8.

Hi!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

We have updated software for wireless connection available for Windows 10 as well as Mac OS X Sierra available here. You can see videos for wireless connection here. Please let us know if you're still having trouble after installing the updated software!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via email at http://Canon.us/ContactCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks! 

Hi Austincameraguy,

Thank you for posting.

Your camera is compatible with the Image Sync process, and that's the method that I recommend. For step-by-step instructions, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Richard, this might have been a good workaround. Unfortunately, the software download Image Transfer Utility does not work on my Mac.

I can get photos to upload to the Image Gateway all right, but to download them, I've got to do it one photo at a time.

Better than nothing, I guess. And at least I can upload a bunch at a time.

Thanks. I guess.

Mike

Announcements