Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: connect elph 360 wifi to mac

Hold the door ...

I am able to download a bunch at a time. Yeah, this'll work. Frankly, USB is faster, but this will work great when I'm on the road.

Okay, Canon. I'll stay with you.

Cheers.

Occasional Contributor

Just to be clear:

• I cannot connect my Elph 360 to my Mac -- or my Windows laptop running Windows 10 -- via WiFi.

• I can, however, connect to the cloud via WiFi and upload to Canon Image Gateway, Facebook, Twitter, and even Canon's Image Sync.

• The Image Transfer Utility software will not work on my Mac (didn't try it on my Windows laptop) so I can't automatically download to my computer. But I can go to the Canon Image Gateway website and download from the photo gallery. In some ways this might even be better since I can cherry pick the ones I want.

Unless I'm on the road, I'm inclined to upload via USB, but the ability to post to Facebook and Twitter from the camera is very cool.

Cheers,

Mike

Product Expert

Hi Austincameraguy,

You should be able to connect to your Windows 10 machine. What happens when you try this connection (errors, etc)?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Occasional Contributor

Richard -- Give me a couple of days and I'll try again and take notes.

Mike
Frequent Contributor

I would like to point out that in other threads in this forum Canon product experts have confirmed that Canon cameras do not connect wirelessly to Mac computers running on macOS 10.11 El Capitan and macOS 10.12 Sierra because Canon Wireless CameraWindow application is not compatible with macOS.

Canon states in its own software release notes for the latest CameraWindow DC 8.10.10b update: „Wi-Fi connection is not available with 10.11/10.12“ (quote).

The Canon web site also list all recent CameraWindow software updates for macOS 10.11 El Capitan and macOS 10.12 Sierra as incompatible! https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/self-help-center/canon-software)

Canon Wireless CameraWindow software has been incompatible with macOS since macOS 10.11 El Capitan was released in 2015. Smiley Sad

Canon is wasting the time of thousands of its customers as Canon does not make it clear at the time of camera purchase that Canon cameras do not support  wireless connection to Mac-computers. Smiley Sad

There is still no clarification from Canon about when OS El 10.11 El Capitan and 10.12 Sierra will be supported, - or if the company will ever support mac OS in this matter. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Occasional Contributor

Ahhh. Thanks for letting me know that. Saves me some time.