cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connect elph 360 wifi to mac

brothers
Apprentice

I can't seem to connect my new ELPH360HS to MAC. I can download photos to the Canon Gateway cloud site but not to my Mac. Followed instructions in manual but there must be some simple setting I'm missing.

29 REPLIES 29

Canon cameras are not able to connect over WiFi to any Mac computers running on macOS 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra and 10.11 El Capitan. i.e. CameraWindow (WirelessCameraService) has not been compatible with macOS since September 2015 for WiFi connections!

If you want to transfer images from a Canon camera to a Mac computer without up- and downloading tons of images over the internet (ImageSync process via CANON iMAGE GATEWAY), the only way seems to be via USB-cable from camera to computer or via card reader slot on the computer.

Yeah, is what we had to resort to. The packaging is misleading. It was one of the reasons we bought it. 

I'll make sure to post in the Costco forums and other Canon forums, telling people of this bug. In the hopes Canon might fix this sooner than later. Man Frustrated

Verify from MAC forum if your computer model  is equipped with  802.11b  IEEE for MAC OS standard network.

Also verify that you have downloaded  Canon camera connect mobile app. not a camera window.

I am not a MAC user but previuos thread that I read is that  el capitan and sierra model is capable of wifi.

I agree with USB or computer card reader is the best method of transfering images.

The thing that I dislike canon is that you must be a computer programmer ( expert ) to know all this things about wifi.

Camera Connect is made for mobile devices using iOS and Android operating systems. Therefore Camera Connect is not relevant for establishing WiFi-connection between a Canon camera and a computer running running on macOS operating systems

Quote: „Camera Connect is a unified app that connects your mobile devices to any Wi-Fi® or Bluetooth®-equipped Canon camera or camcorder.“ (system requirements for Camera Connect)

The 802.11b wireless networking specifications are quite old and it will be hard to find routers which do not support this networking standard. 

I was thinking of a mobile device laptop or tablet with iOS.

This is the basic MAC OS network standard specs, if there is a new one, basic is still there.

Only Apple iPhone mobiles and Apple iPad tablets run on the iOS operating system and are able to use the Canon Camera Connect app.

All current Apple Mac desktop and laptop computers run on the macOS operating system and cannot use the Canon Camera Connect app as the app is incompatble with macOS, i.e. MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, iMac, iMac Pro, Mac Pro and Mac Mini.

Owners of MAC and Canon camera that don't work in Wifi - did they complain to consumer affairs about their product misleading add. Not just today but this happened few years back as you have mentioned.

Canon compatible devices  like smartphone, laptop, tablet/ipad, video camera, etc. refered as, " smartphone " is mentioned in the  printed  manual must use canon camera connect mobile app.

innercom_peak
Apprentice

I have an ELPH 360 HS and a Mac OS 10.14 that could not communicate until a knowledgeable tech support guy at Canon told me to find Image Capture in my applications folder, connect with a USB cable, and presto! It worked.

innercom_peak Please not that USB-cable connection between Mac computers and Canon cameras has not been a problem.

The problem continues to be that there is no WiFi connection possible between Mac computers and Canon cameras because Canon has ceased to update Canon software for Mac.

This situation has persistsed for several years despite that Canon continues to advertise that Canon cameras are WiFi compatible with Mac computers!

USB connection to my Mac was not automatically opening any ITU or CameraWindow. I had to manually open Image Capture.
Announcements