cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon sx60 will it work in european winter and lapland finland

Antoinesmith
Apprentice

Hi guys

I live in africa and we never get snow. We are leaving for a european holiday on the 17th of december 2017 and i just bought a canon sx60 hs for the trip as my nikon p600 got stolen. I see that the minimum operating tempreture is 32 F or 0 Celsius. i am concerned that we are going to have minus tempretures and i need to know will my camera work and what can I do to ensure that I can take picture of my magical trip?

Please help.

Thank you.

Antoine 

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Antoinesmith wrote:

Hi guys

I live in africa and we never get snow. We are leaving for a european holiday on the 17th of december 2017 and i just bought a canon sx60 hs for the trip as my nikon p600 got stolen. I see that the minimum operating tempreture is 32 F or 0 Celsius. i am concerned that we are going to have minus tempretures and i need to know will my camera work and what can I do to ensure that I can take picture of my magical trip?

Please help.

Thank you.

Antoine 

You should be just fine at near freezing temperatures, and even somewhat below it.  Batteries suffer the most from the cold temperatures, which causes them to behave as if they are not charged.  Bring a spare battery and memory card.  Keep them in an inside coat pocket, if the temperatures go below freezing.

Use a padded camera bag, and keep the camera inside of a plastic bag.  I use a one gallon freezer bag for my DSLR, but your camera just might fit inside of ziplock sandwich bag.  The plastic bag protects against condensation building up on, and inside the camera, when you go from inside to outside, and back again.  Anyone who wears glasses has experienced their glasses fogging up.

Moisture is your enemy.  Keep that in mind.  If your camera is cold from an extended period of time in the cold outdoors, then allow the camera to stay in the sealed plastic bag for at least an hour, so that it can warm up to room temperatures.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements