cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon image gateway update camera window DC error

lisalomano
Apprentice

Hi!

I have gotten all the way through to the Canon Utilities Camera Window DC, and when I click the "edit web services" button I get a pop up window that says "Update the application. To set your camer, update CameraWindow DC".

I cannot get past this screen.

My camera is a Canon Powershot Elph 130IS

My computer is a Mac OSX 10.6.8

Please help! The reason I bought this camera was the wifi ability and to be able to upload to the internet to websites like facebook, etc

Thanks!

Lisa

7 REPLIES 7

Mykolas
Authority

Hi lisalomano!

Thanks for posting.

To fix the web services function, you would need to update to the newer version of CameraWindow DC.  This can be downloaded from our website.  However,  The newer versions of CameraWindow DC will not work with the version of the Mac OS you have.  You need at least OS 10.7 or above to install the update.

This didn't answer your question? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Please update CameraWindow for Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard!

The system requirements say 10.6! I bought this camera based on that.

I need an updated version of Camerawindow for OSX 10.9.1. Can you give me a link to the download or tell me how to find it? I can't seem to find it.

Simynona,

Camera Window DC, version 8.10.2b, is available for Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks.  That file is located on the main support page for Drivers and Downloads under the OSX Mavericks v10.9 operating system heading.  Once selected, look under the Software sub-heading to see applicable files, including the Camera Window DC version you seek. 

A direct link is here, for your convenience.  Ensure the correct OS has been selected when attempting to find that file.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Are you saying those of us with Mac 10.6 cannot use the WIFI feature???  This, too, is the reason I bought this camera.

I also think that this is pretty awful of them to advertise that they support 10.6 when they really don't, but the good news is that you don't really need a computer after you get it set up. You could theoretically borrow a computer for 30 minutes, get the apps installed on your camera, then you're done. 

I tried this and followed the instructions and downloaded the file and when I double clicked on it nothing happened!!!!! Still frustrated can you please help

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements