Apprentice

Why is my canon sx160IS saying busy after 10 seconds of recording

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@rb2 wrote:

Why is my canon sx160IS saying busy after 10 seconds of recording

Good question.  The most likely cause is the memory card not being fast enough, or the wrong type.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Rb2,

Thanks for posting.

As mentioned by Waddizzle, if this is happening with a new card, you'll want to ensure that it's compatible with your camera. Your camera accepts SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.

While we don't recommend specific brands or models of cards, we do recommend that you use a memory card produced by a major manufacturer that closely adhere to the current industry standards. You may see the standards at sdcard.org.

We recommend against the use of cards that require an adapter to fit in the camera (i.e. micro-SD or Mini-SD). The increase in the number of connections between the camera and memory card (from the memory card to the adapter, then from the adapter to the camera) makes a malfunction more likely.

Important: Your camera does not support memory cards using the UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III standards. Some such cards will have "UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III on them. Others will have a "1", "2" or "3" superimposed on a "U".

If this is a card that you've been using for a while, formatting the memory card, using the low-level option, may resolve this issue for you. It's critical that you save any images and movies to your computer prior to formatting your memory card.

For information, including instructions, on formatting your camera's memory card in the camera, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements