cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Camera Won't stay connected - Powershot SX530HS

JeScoMa
Apprentice

Microsoft, in all their wisdom, broke the connection with my camera and their latest, greatest big update.  "It use to work".

When I go to connect my camera to my PC, the camera says it's connected, and my computer starts Camera Window.

BUT, by the time Camera Windows finishes loading, the camera is already disconnected and Camera Window closes because the camera is disconnected.  The camera stays on, it just disconnects.

I can't delete the camera device from my PC since it's not listed until it's connected.  And even then, it disconnects itself after about 30 seconds. 

Any ideas?!

Thanks..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JeScoMa
Apprentice

If anyone has this issue such-as mine, simply run the Wi-Fi Connection Setup within the Canon Utilities.

Doing this, enabled my camera to connect to my PC and I was able to download photos again without any issues.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

JeScoMa
Apprentice

If anyone has this issue such-as mine, simply run the Wi-Fi Connection Setup within the Canon Utilities.

Doing this, enabled my camera to connect to my PC and I was able to download photos again without any issues.

My problem is different. Camera Window times out before all the pictures are transferred to the computer. The camera screen goes dark, Camera Window opens on the computer, and if I'm REALLY quick I can get two or three photos transferred before Camera Window quits. I have talked to Canon technicians three times about this and none of them could find a cure. 

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements