cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX620 HS Wi-Fi connection setup failed on Windows 10

bgranvea
Apprentice

Hello,

When I execute the wifi connection setup on windows 10, I have the following error:

"Failed to set the following items: Media streaming"

Same error if I execute the program as administrator.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Boris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Finally I managed to get it working. In windows services panel, the windows media player network sharing service was disabled. I just set it to start automatically, then I could run the wifi connection setup successfuly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Tiffany

Hi Bgranvea!

Welcome to the Canon Forum!  So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what  model camera you are using.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email. 

I have a PowerShot SX620 HS. I've installed Digital Camera Software 7.1 for Windows 10 x64 and I'm trying to set up the wifi connection.

Boris.

Finally I managed to get it working. In windows services panel, the windows media player network sharing service was disabled. I just set it to start automatically, then I could run the wifi connection setup successfuly.

Good that you have found the solution of the problem. Have you tried connecting your cell phone to download  photos via NFC touch connection? Ounce you have connection, you will download app to the phone by touching your phone and the camera side with NFC. Pls. share the procedure,thanks.

I have the same problem but the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service is already running so that is not a fix for me. 

stealthpaws
Contributor

I have the powershot sx720hs.  I run Windows 10 on my hp laptop.  I am no longer able to get the laptop and the camera to communicate.  Software is up to date, and I've tried everything I can think of up to and including disabling my firewall & virus software temporarily.  I can connect the camera to my phone just fine via wifi, and it USED to work on my laptop. I get no error messages, it simply continues to 'search" and eventually times out.  I am signed into the gateway thing, and the wifi connection set up says it's alreadly set.  This is important.  Pls can someone help me figure this out?  Tks.

Hi, stealthpaws!

Thanks for posting on our forum! If this is a time-sensitive matter, you may want to reach out to our US-based technical support team via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. We do hope someone is able to assist, but since you indicated this is an important matter, we wanted to mention our support team may be able to guide you to a solution faster.

Thanks and have a great day!

Same issue.  The support people ran me through a connection to my phone and all is OK with the WIFI with that connection.  Have tried two different systems (desktop and laptop). They suspect something with the router (Bell Home Hub 2000).  A pain as it was working fine from Feb through May. The camera is a SX540 HS. 

With apologies to the support person at Canon that originally helped me with ticket 50[redacted for privacy].......

I was asked to turn off the Windows Defender Firewall. I turned off the first item that said “firewall on” and received a popup that said the firewall was turned off.  Error on my part.  Yes, the first level was off, however there are multiple levels of firewall(s).  I needed to turn off the Private Network Firewall as a specific item.  The software and access now functions as it should. 

Announcements