Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Wifi connection setup failed on windows 10

Hello,

When I execute the wifi connection setup on windows 10, I have the following error:

"Failed to set the following items: Media streaming"

Same error if I execute the program as administrator.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Boris.

Re: Wifi connection setup failed on windows 10

[ Edited ]

Hi Bgranvea!

Welcome to the Canon Forum!  So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what  model camera you are using.  Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email. 

New Contributor

I have a PowerShot SX620 HS. I've installed Digital Camera Software 7.1 for Windows 10 x64 and I'm trying to set up the wifi connection.

Boris.

New Contributor

Finally I managed to get it working. In windows services panel, the windows media player network sharing service was disabled. I just set it to start automatically, then I could run the wifi connection setup successfuly.

Frequent Contributor

Good that you have found the solution of the problem. Have you tried connecting your cell phone to download  photos via NFC touch connection? Ounce you have connection, you will download app to the phone by touching your phone and the camera side with NFC. Pls. share the procedure,thanks.