cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with TV and AV modes

jeffs60s
Contributor

When I first started using my SX50, I had no problems with these modes. Then, I was shooting on a misty day, and all of my shots were coming out with a greenish tint. So, I reset the camera to its defaults, but ever since, I can no longer shoot in the TV mode which is my favorite; everything comes out with an orange tint. Is there anything I can do for this? I'm not a real camera savvy person.  Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jeffs60s,

Thanks for posting.

Are the shots taken in other modes, such as "Auto" and "P" similarly-affected?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

No, the auto and P modes shoot normally.

Hi Jeffs60s,

Thanks for your reply.

I recommend contacting our technical support team. For contact options, please use this URL: http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

diverhank
Authority

@jeffs60s wrote:

When I first started using my SX50, I had no problems with these modes. Then, I was shooting on a misty day, and all of my shots were coming out with a greenish tint. So, I reset the camera to its defaults, but ever since, I can no longer shoot in the TV mode which is my favorite; everything comes out with an orange tint. Is there anything I can do for this? I'm not a real camera savvy person.  Thanks!

It sounds like you have accidentally set the White Balance to something other than Auto for Tv and Av modes.  The Canon camera remembers different settings for different modes.  Check the manual on how to set the white balance for your camera (while set to Av mode, then Tv mode).

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Thanks for this!

newsense52
Rising Star

In Av mode, go to menu, select MF peaking settings, peaking set to 'on". level " high", color " yellow" or try other color.

Thanks.

jeffs60s
Contributor

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I couldn't find the AWB option in the settings for TV or AV modes, so I just reset everything again back to factory settings and it seems to be working fine.

Announcements