cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble uploading Elph 190 photos via wifi while away from home

anderzoo7
Apprentice
I bought this camera for my son who will be out of the country for 2 years. He will not have access to a smartphone. Is there a way to upload his photos via wifi to Image Gateway or Google Drive while he is away? I have gone through all of the setup processes and can upload via my wifi at home however when I try using wifi when out and about, I cannot get it to connect. I either get a 'Check Network Settings' screen or a 'Set correct date and time' screen. (Even though the date and time are correct) I'm trying to get this figured out for him before he leaves next month. I'm at the point of returning the camera and trying a different brand. Help!
4 REPLIES 4

hollowmyth
Apprentice
I'm having this same problem. Is it an error with the wifi security settings? Is there a solution for this?

You might get something to work in a public hotspot, but I suspect that you may still need the cell phone, or whatever device that your phone normally connects to, in order to do it.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

dcarlile1234
Apprentice

My Daughter is also having the same errors while using the Canon ELPH 190 out of the Country. We would like to know if there is a fix before looking to buy a replacement because at this rate it would not be a Canon. Please let me know.

SarahMynah
Apprentice

Did you ever find a solution to the problem? My son is in Brazil for two years and is getting the same error message on his Elph 190.

Announcements