cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The videos that i took are not displayng in the camera

Omomola
Apprentice

I forgot to say that I took the memory card out of the camera and put it in the computer and the videos showed up. They did not display in the camera. What do you think the problem is?

5 REPLIES 5

Omomola
Apprentice

Hello,

The videos that I took did not display in the camera. However, when it was put into the computer it showed up. What do you think what happened. I have a Power Shot ELPH 100

Do the videos show up on the camera immediately after you record them?  Do they only not show up after you put the card into the computer, then back to the camera?

What happened was after the videos were taken, I did not view them in the camera. I was out of town so my friend said lets download the videos onto my computer and my son can edit them later. so we took out the memory card and downloaded the videos. They showed up on the computer and we watched them. When I got back home I tried to view the videos through the camera and they did not show up. Only a photo that was on there displayed.. I put the memory card into my computer and the videos shows up. A friend checked to see if it was the camera, so he took a  video of a small portion of a room and when he pressed the playback mode the image appeared. Thank you .

Sounds like the computer modified the videos and/or other files/folders on the memory card.  Without knowing exactly what your friend and the computer did exactly, it is very difficult to know why they're not showing up on the camera anymore.  

Is there a reason why you need the videos to still play on the camera after you have already copied them to a computer?

Thank you for your reply. I needed to know why that happened so it won't happen again.  Since I don't know what my friend and the computer did ,I have to becareful whose computer I use. Or just use my own.

Announcements