cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sx280 lens help

Bosgarage57
Apprentice
Hi everyone. I purchased a used sx280 and having a couple issues.

1) the lens cover doesn't open or close fully when powered on/off. I'm suspecting dirt or something, can it be taken and cleaned? Can I blow some canned air in the lens to hopefully clean it out?

2) low battery on video, I think I fixed this by putting some paper on the battery door and not getting it anymore.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bosgarage57
Apprentice

Just an update, I think I've fixed the issue.

I was able to turn on the camera, zoom all the way out so the lens is extended, and the cover pulls off the front.  I guess the person before me had dropped it maybe because it wasn't flat all the way, causing the cover to grab the lens.  Smoothing it out fixed that issue.

The battery issue came back, but putting a peice of tape over the middle conact on the battery fixed it for now.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bosgarage57
Apprentice

Just an update, I think I've fixed the issue.

I was able to turn on the camera, zoom all the way out so the lens is extended, and the cover pulls off the front.  I guess the person before me had dropped it maybe because it wasn't flat all the way, causing the cover to grab the lens.  Smoothing it out fixed that issue.

The battery issue came back, but putting a peice of tape over the middle conact on the battery fixed it for now.

Announcements