Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop powershot sx60 hs shutting down

IanE
Apprentice

Hi 

I have a powershot sx60 hs.

when I video the camera goes into power save and stops recording?

how do I get the camera to keep recording ?

Ian

5 REPLIES 5

Edmanvan
Apprentice
I had the same issue happen today, stopped recording even though the battery was full and memory card had plenty of room. How's do I make sure it keeps recording?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@IanE wrote:

Hi 

I have a powershot sx60 hs.

when I video the camera goes into power save and stops recording?

how do I get the camera to keep recording ?

Ian

How much video do you shoot before the shutdown occurs.  The camera can, and will, shutdown if the image sensor begins to overheat, due to extended use.  But, I would expect that you should see an icon warning you that the sensor is overheating prior to the camera shutting down.

Once it shuts down, you may be forced to leave it off for while, until the sensor can cool down.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Always stops between 25 - 26 minutes without a warning message, just shuts off automatically

vrf19977
Apprentice

I have the same issue. I had it with the SX40 as well. I do a lot of nature videos, so I set up the tripod and camera and come back later. It always shuts off around 15-16 minutes of filming. VERY frustrating. 

@vrf19977 wrote:

I have the same issue. I had it with the SX40 as well. I do a lot of nature videos, so I set up the tripod and camera and come back later. It always shuts off around 15-16 minutes of filming. VERY frustrating. 

If you have a copy of the Instruction Manual, check the maximum record times and the resulting file sizes.  It changes depending upon you movie format mode and memory card size.  Video files have a maximum size of 4GB.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements