cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scratched Screen

Disasterpastor
Apprentice

I have a canon powershot sx120is. The screen in the back cover is scratched and I would like to relace it. Can this be done and does anybody know where I can get the part? Every time I Google "Back Screen" I am getting information on how to replace the actual LCD screen which appears to be UNDER this scratched screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AutumnApple
Enthusiast

@Disasterpastor wrote:

I have a canon powershot sx120is. The screen in the back cover is scratched and I would like to relace it. Can this be done and does anybody know where I can get the part? Every time I Google "Back Screen" I am getting information on how to replace the actual LCD screen which appears to be UNDER this scratched screen.

depend on how bad the scratches are. IF just normal scratches that do not affect the view then i'll suggest to leave it as it is. 

I have the camera, though I can't find the outter glass/plastic thing for this exact model,  it seems to have same size 3" lcd . So I guess if you really want to change it, you  can look for "Canon 3" lcd glass replacement" or something like that.

It's hard to say for sure if you'll find something that fit because the thickness might be different ( possibly not) but might worth a try.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi Disasterpastor!

The PowerShot SX120 IS ended its service life back in 2015. That means we no longer have parts to repair this model.You may want to contact support to find out what options you might have available. Support here in the US (and in Canada) is at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666).

Outside of the US or Canada, click HERE for support.

AutumnApple
Enthusiast

@Disasterpastor wrote:

depend on how bad the scratches are. IF just normal scratches that do not affect the view then i'll suggest to leave it as it is. 

I have the camera, though I can't find the outter glass/plastic thing for this exact model,  it seems to have same size 3" lcd . So I guess if you really want to change it, you  can look for "Canon 3" lcd glass replacement" or something like that.

It's hard to say for sure if you'll find something that fit because the thickness might be different ( possibly not) but might worth a try.

John_
Authority

Search using back cover instead

Disasterpastor
Apprentice

Thanks for your responses. You have to love the global community. A guy from Canada is looking for a solution to a problem that is answered on a United States forum. I found the part I needed on Ebay England and am now waiting for the part to come from ChinaSmiley Very Happy

Announcements