Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Saving a photo after increasing view to 50%

Is it possible to increase a photo view to 50% and save it that way in digital photo pro? It would be awesome if I could Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Saving a photo after increasing view to 50%

You will have to ask in a digital photo-pro website.

What you can do is crop the photo which will remove all the parts you don't want. Some software - like Apple's Photos will do this without touching the original wo you can revert the change.

Esteemed Contributor

amyle wrote:

Is it possible to increase a photo view to 50% and save it that way in digital photo pro? It would be awesome if I could Smiley Happy

Use the Crop Tool.  It can cut out part of a photo, and make a new photo out of it when you do a "Convert and Save".

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Occasional Contributor

Thanks. I use the Digital Photo Professional software by Canon. I figured people in this group would be familiar with that Smiley Happy 

Occasional Contributor

Thank you Smiley Happy I have a photo of a blue heron in flight and when I zoom in it is so nice, I want to save it larger but I will try cropping and see if that works for me Smiley Happy
Respected Contributor

Oh, *that* digital photo pro. 8^)

I usually say DPP.

I think cropping is your best bet, though full shot can be pretty dramatic, too:

IMG_1011.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

kvbarkley wrote:

Oh, *that* digital photo pro. 8^)

I usually say DPP.

I think cropping is your best bet, though full shot can be pretty dramatic, too:

IMG_1011.jpg

Nice.  Don't crop your shot too much, because you will lose context.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."