cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX620 won't connect to Mac via WIFI

ebmeyer
Apprentice

I purchased a Powershot sx620 from Amazon and am trying to set it up to transfer images to my IMac desktop computer.  I am running el Capitan 10.13.1 and CameraWindow version is 1.1.1.5 

1. If recognizes my my router and accepts the password.
  2. It identifies my computer on the home network.
  3. When I try to connect it displays "Connecting - Connected device: (my computer name)" but the wheel spins and spins and finally says "Connection failed".
  4. When I try to connect via USB CameraWindow says "No camera found"

Can someone help me?

2 REPLIES 2

newsense52
Rising Star

At Mac, open camera window app and connect your camera name ( enter camera SSID and Password ).

Both camera and mac wifi on on same router.

ebmeyer
Apprentice

Thanks for you response Newsense, but I've learned that it's not possible to connect a camera to a Mac computer running High Sierra. (I misspoke in my original post when I said I had el Capitan. I have High Sierra), therefore I must upload to Canon Image Gateway and download from there. 

Camera Window just says "no camera found" and quits when I click OK.

From Canon Support: "With the release of Mac 10.13 you must have a Canon Image Gateway Account to send images from your camera to your computer using the Image Sync feature.  It's not possible to send images directly from the camera to the computer without having your Canon Image Gateway account."

I downloaded Canon CameraWindows 8.10.11b also on their suggestion as well. I just tested it and yes, it the Image Gateway does receive an image from my camera and I can download it to my computer.

A bit cumbersome, but every day every thing get more so....sigh....

Announcements