cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 -- Taking still photos while videoing?

aeronaut999
Apprentice

Hi all--

With my SX10 and SX30 I often would hit the photo trigger while videoing to capture stills.  Naturally the stills were much hugher resolution the the video.  I got a lot of great stills this way and still had a good video to boot, albeit with a few interruptions.  (The video picture would either freeze or go blank for a few seconds, I can't remember which.)

With my SX60, hitting the photo trigger while videoing simply turns off the video.  How can I take still photos while videoing with this camera?  

Thanks

Steve

5 REPLIES 5

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Steve,

Thanks for posting.

When the PowerShot SX60 HS takes a photo while shooting a movie, the movie is interupted and must be restarted by pressing the movie "Start/Stop" button.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Richard, I have the SX50 - great camera! - I just d/led the SX60 Manual and it has this "Auto Mode / Hybrid Auto Mode" is this similar to to the SX50 Movie Digest where I can just hit the Red Button, it takes a single pic and auto returns to Video capture?

Is there a way to take a photo without disrupting the videoing (or while videoing at the same time)?

The Power shot sx50, you can video and take photos at the same time, but you can't do that on the 60, why not? Is there a way to save a frame from a video later on? (either on the camera or on a computer)

Hi StuffedShell,

Thank you for posting.

Any video editor should be able to grab a frame (or more) to use as a still image. The resolution will be the same as movies, but should be fine for sharing, posting online, etc.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

bandu
Apprentice

I had a canon SX50 HS. With that I could take a still photo while the video recording is running; and, this would not show any interruptions in the video recording - eg. if a happy birthday is sung it will be recorded in full. Unfortunately this camera was stolen, and, I bought a canonSX60 HS. With SX60, if I take a still while the video is recording, the video recording would stop. Is there a setting so that video recordings can continue smoothly while still photos are taken? Please help!

Bandu

Announcements