cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX60 Image synch to Google Drive

LarryB34695
Contributor

What I need is to be able to synch images to Google Drive (ie, back them up there).  I simply cannot get it to work!!!  I can program the one-touch button to send them to my computer, but cannot get them to either the Canon Image Gateway, or to Google Drive.  YES, I can do a single image from the camera, but I want/need to be able to synch ALL the images.

HELP!  The one touch button ONLY shows phone or computer as the destination, and SUPPOSEDLY, I should be able to synch up to the image gateway, and in turn, that should synch to any web service (eg, Google Drive).

6 REPLIES 6

RupertH
Apprentice

Hi...

I have noticed that since June 9 my transfers haven't been added to the library. I discovered it just about an hour ago.

I use a Powershot SX60HS. I can select and transfer fine, but the library is not updating.

my transfers haven't been added to the library  "    -  do you mean input to phone gallery?

Photos uploaded to your phone you must tap one photo and  pop up command " save image"   will occur. 

dbhuff49
Contributor
Copy/move to Google drive I pull the card and put it in my laptop. I can then move multiple files. No way to do multiple files from Canon software.

Incorrect.  Getting the "Mobile Device Connection" button to automatically transfer all not-yet-transferred pics at once to your PC is relatively straightforward.  My new note documents that I have finally gotten it working to also transfer them to Google Drive.

The whole point of my query was that I do NOT want to be carrying my laptop with me when I travel, but want to backup the pics.

LarryB34695
Contributor

I have been able to get this to work, though frankly I am not exactly sure what I did differently that suddenly made it happen properly.  The bottom line is that I needed to set the Canon Image Gateway as the destination.  At the Canon Image Gateway site, I set up 3 destinations ("Web Services")  for the incoming pics:  My Google Drive account, "Image Synch" (my home PC, with their S/W installed) and the Canon Image Gateway (which means their cloud library storage).

My biggest issue was not being able to select the Canon Image Gateway as the destination, but it eventually did work.  Now, if the SX60 is hooked to WiFi, when I press the "Mobile Device Connection button", the camera transfers all pics to those destinations (it skips previously uploaded pics).  That is exactly what I was wanting!

Persevere and you may get it working!  This feature is great, but their implementation of it, or at least their documentation of it, is perhaps the worst thing about the camera!

I am absolutely and totally confused by how to get a single **bleep** photo to go to my google drive using Canon Image Gateway and Web Services. if you have done it well done. Have you any info that may help or the camera is going in the bin and i'll buy a Nikon
Announcements