cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX10 IS SD Card Problem

Marking2761
Apprentice
Hello all,

I have an old SX10 IS camera I'd like to start using, however the SD card will not "click" into place. I have searched online for parts but only found replacement LCD screens. According to the Canon website they no longer service this model, and the local camera store doesn't have in house repairs, they just send them off to the manufacturer. In this case that will not work due to Canon's lack of support for this older model. I am wondering if anyone might have a DIY solution to this problem? Or if somebody can recommend an electronics store in the Edmonton, AB area that can facilitate a repair.

Thanks in advance.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The cost to repair it will far exceed the cost of buying a used one.  Make sure that you are inserting the card properly.  It could be time to buy a new camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The cost to repair it will far exceed the cost of buying a used one.  Make sure that you are inserting the card properly.  It could be time to buy a new camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Marking2761
Apprentice
Thanks for the quick reply. I kind of figured fixing it might not be worth it, but I got the camera for nothing and figured it might be worth trying to fix.
Announcements