cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SX 40HS color correction

paks1969
Apprentice

My husband and I bought this camera in part to use to take pictures of miniatures that are used in games.  These mini's are vibrantly colored for the most part.  One in particular has purple wings.  When we try to take a picture of this miniature, it comes out blue.  How do I get my camera to see and take a picture of purple?  Or for that matter orange, because my sunsets all come out washed out. 

I guess my question boils down to:  My SX40HS is colorblind and doesn't see red.  How do I fix this?

1 REPLY 1

Skirball
Authority

That’s not necessarily what’s happening.  Colors can be very different depending on what type (color) or light is used to illuminate it.  To be sure I would first check your white balance.  You can either set it manually, or select the closest to what you’re using.  I’m guessing that you’re using incandescent or fluorescents?  Try setting that, instead of the auto-select, and see how it does.

If that’s still not doing it then try the custom color settings.  There’s usually a bunch of presets (Nominal, Skin tones, Vivid, etc), and a lot of Canons let you individually set each color channel.  I’ve always found that my Canons overexposed the red, so I used to turn it down a bit.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements