cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounded shape in the LCD PowerShot SX30IS

jparada
Apprentice

Hi,
I have a PowerShot SX30IS, I have a problem with the LCD screen shows a rounded shape,
but when I import the photos to the PC everything is fine, the picture is perfect does not look that round shape.

What could be the problem?, some physical error of the LCD? or some configuration that can solve the problem.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Javier

6 REPLIES 6

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Javier,

Thanks for posting.

From what I'm reading, it sounds like you're seeing a distorted image on your camera's display. Just to be certain, are other (non lighted) items, such as round objects (i.e. balls, bowls, etc) and straight edged items (i.e. rulers, table edges, etc) similarly affected?

Do you see the same distortion, when using the viewfinder?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Richard,

No, the image does not look distorted, it looks perfect as always, what I see on the LCD is a round shape around.
But the image once it is imported to the PC looks perfect.

I attach an image of the problem for better reference.

img.png

BTW I do not see anything with the viewfinder, I mean it's black

I appreciate your attention.

Regards,
Javier

Press the display button and switch to viewing it thru your viewfinder. If it looks the same thru there then you have an internal fault in both paths if it looks ok thru the viewfinder then you have an internal fault in the LCD signal path.

You can try a reset to defaults thru the settings menu too.

It almost looks like you've zoomed in to much on the image in playback

Hi John,

Changing to the view through the viewfinder everything is perfect, I mean I do not see that round shape through the viewfinder, according to your suggestion also I have reset the menu settings and the round shape continues on the LCD.

So according to your comment, is it definite that my camera has a physical problem that needs to be repaired
with respect to the LCD?.

I appreciate your help.

Regards,
Javier

Your welcome and yes unfortunately it appears to me an internal fault in which case a refurbished or used but working SX30 might be cheaper than a repair

Hi John,

Ups I was not thinking that repair could be very costly.

I really appreciate your help and your information.

Regards,
Javier

Announcements