Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SX710 hs

andy73
Apprentice

Hey

I am having a problem with my SX 710 hs

1: The ON OFF button is not working. More precisly, the ON button is not working, the OFF still turns the camera off.

2: I can get the camera started by removing the battery and re-inserting it, and the camera will start in photo preview mode of the last image/video taken.

3: once I have the camera on and in photo view mode, I can press the video record button and the lens will extend and I am then able to take photos/videos

4: when the camera is off, and has a battery, the camera will automatically start in preview mode, by itself, after 15 seconds or so

5: none of the other buttons work (or turn on the camera) whilst the camera is off - preview - wifi - display - menu - function

Any suggestions or help is much appreciated

Thanks

Andy

4 REPLIES 4

newsense52
Rising Star

Deplete the battery charge completely.

Recharge battery, install and  reset camera from menu.

Press the on button for about 30 seconds. Press the play button for 30 seconds if preview mode is active.

Delete all camera memory and start shooting again.

By the way, is the battery an original battery?

I agree do everything that was just suggested then if you still have a problem unless it is an internal camera problem that will require service/parts I would buy a new Canon battery and Canon charger. One of the biggest if not the biggest power demand is when you turn on the camera and if the battery is weak or the charger is faulty this is when you'll have the sort of problems you are having.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Andy73,

Thanks for posting.

Based on your description, your camera will require service.

You may setup the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, you may create an account or log into your existing account. These options make it easier to request the repair of more than one product. You may also choose the "Continue" button to "Continue without an Account".

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for all the replys

Yes, I did try a new battery and still had the same problem, guess I will be seeing how much it is going to cost to get repaired.

Take care everyone

Announcements