Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Powershot SX620 HS SD Card Problem

We just bought this camera for our son who is in France he removed the card to transfer pictures to his tablet and when he put the card into the tablet all the pictures were gone.. We are unsure what to do. He put the card back into the camera to see if the pictures were still on the card and he had nothing. How can he recover the images that were on the card and how can he prevent this from happening again. Thanks for any help. 

New Contributor

Re: Powershot SX60 HS SD Card Problem

My powershot SX60 started giving me 'card error' messages...I have programed the cards in the camera and tried a new SD card...only able to take 6 to 8 pics and the message returns! Can anyone help?

Honored Contributor

Janland wrote:

My powershot SX60 started giving me 'card error' messages...I have programed the cards in the camera and tried a new SD card...only able to take 6 to 8 pics and the message returns! Can anyone help?

What brand and model SD card?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Honored Contributor

Re: Powershot SX620 HS SD Card Problem

jbell wrote:

We just bought this camera for our son who is in France he removed the card to transfer pictures to his tablet and when he put the card into the tablet all the pictures were gone.. We are unsure what to do. He put the card back into the camera to see if the pictures were still on the card and he had nothing. How can he recover the images that were on the card and how can he prevent this from happening again. Thanks for any help. 

It is impossible to say what the problem is.  Try a new card.  Select a brand name card, 32 GB, not too large.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi  waddizzle...I have tried 3 cards...Canon SD 32GB, Transcend SdHC 300X 32GB...both that I have used for over a year with No problems. Also tried a New Lexar Pro 16GB...same message appears after 6 to 8 shots. Shooting now in jpeg only not raw.

I have reset the camera back to original (Canon) settings and will see what happens out today. Hope this works as I leave on a trip this weekend and really need This camera working! Any ideas or comments teuely appreciated! Thanks!

Product Expert

Re: Powershot SX620 HS SD Card Problem

Hi Jbell,

Thanks for posting.

If images have been accidently deleted from the computer and/or the camera's memory card (or have become corrupt), third party data recovery software or data recovery companies may be able to retrieve the images. Canon does not bundle any type of image recovery software with our products. We would suggest contacting your computer or memory card manufacturers for possible suggestions and/or perform a web search for data/image recovery.

Once you've recovered your images, I recommend formatting your memory card, using the low-level option, in your camera.  For a step-by-step guide for this process, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.