cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot SX430 IS - snow shot settings?

GeoffG16
Apprentice

I'm visiting Alaska in ten days time and would like advice on the best setting for still and movie shots in snow or very bright surroundings. I can't find any "snow" type settings in "PowerShot_SX430_IS_SX432_IS_Camera_User_Guide_EN.pdf".

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sometimes the evaluative metering is smart enough to automagically compensate for sand or snow. (I was just at White Sands and my exposures were fine on my T6S.)

Take a shot of a white wall/sheet in direct sun. If the picture comes out white, you are good to go, if it comes out grey, you need to add about 2 stops of exposure compensation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Sometimes the evaluative metering is smart enough to automagically compensate for sand or snow. (I was just at White Sands and my exposures were fine on my T6S.)

Take a shot of a white wall/sheet in direct sun. If the picture comes out white, you are good to go, if it comes out grey, you need to add about 2 stops of exposure compensation.

A shot of a white wall in direct sun and with a clear blue sky behind it came out perfectly with the camera on Auto! I should have had more faith in the technology!

Many thanks - I'm good to go!

Announcements