cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot S110 cannot connect to Mac via Wifi

inte
Contributor

Successfully set up Wifi on the camera, see my Mac Pro listed, camera indicates it has connnected to Mac - but no Canon software works.

Manually launching CameraWindow brings up message "no camera was found"

Manually launching WirelessCameraService does nothing at all

Given the Powershot shows my computer's name, and then indicates it has connected, why can't the software see it?

( PowerShot S110, Mac Pro (grey cylinder) OS 10.11.3 )

13 REPLIES 13

Hi, John!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which version of Mac OS X is running on your Mac Mini.. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://usa.canon.com/support or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

In addition to John's question, would it be possible to get a response to mine?

First two posts in this thread contain description of error, camera model, computer model. OS version, Canon CamerWindow version, WirelessCamera Service Version, ImageBrowser EX version.

When I received a boilerplate response, I posted photos of the Powershot's screen and computer error messages in the hopes a pictoral description would help.

I think Richard's response to Todd308 might have addressed my issue (the software has not been updated and simply won't work). I was unclear if "our camera cannot communicate wirelessly with your camera" was a typo or referring to something else however.

In any case, I can't think of any further information to provide beyond what I already have. Let me know if there's anything else that would help. Would love to know if this feature can work as described by Canon.

Hi Rutlap,

Thank you for posting.

You may transfer images to your computer using the Image Sync. For step-by-step information, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Having been a Canon user for more than 40 years and currently own a 6D, 7D G5x and a S110, i do not understand how Canon has the Gaul to sell products with WiFI capabilities and not work on a Mac platform. The G5X works - hooray! the S110 is a complete disaster. Why doesn't understand this end user frustration.  

Announcements