cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Powershot 530 WiFi connection made then instantly lost

Steveleiden1
Contributor

With windows 10 version 1803 it is one step forward and 2 steps back. Microsoft has eliminated Homegroups and have now nicely improved the out-of-the-box networking. My Network view on File Explorer shows all computers and Network Attached Storage.

With the hope of better WiFi connection between the Canon Powershot SX 530HS and my computers I now see a behavior where the camera and computer connect  it looks like I can transfer pictures for but only about 1 second then the connection is lost. This is very repeatable it happens every time.

Has anyone seen this problem? Anyone have any suggestions?

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steveleiden1
Contributor

Instant disconnect Issue resolved

Apparently an adage is developing regarding Windows 10 Updates. If your app doesn’t work after a Windows update, uninstall the app and reinstall same. Uninstalling CameraWindow and then reinstalling same has eliminated my instant disconnects. It’s also worth it to check the following in the Windows Defender Firewall/ Advanced Settings/Inbound Rules:

File and Printer Sharing items (end in ICMPv4) are enabled

Wireless Portable Devices (UPnP-In) is enabled.

Steve

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Steveleiden1
Contributor

Instant disconnect Issue resolved

Apparently an adage is developing regarding Windows 10 Updates. If your app doesn’t work after a Windows update, uninstall the app and reinstall same. Uninstalling CameraWindow and then reinstalling same has eliminated my instant disconnects. It’s also worth it to check the following in the Windows Defender Firewall/ Advanced Settings/Inbound Rules:

File and Printer Sharing items (end in ICMPv4) are enabled

Wireless Portable Devices (UPnP-In) is enabled.

Steve

Announcements