cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX530 HS

patw
Contributor

Hi, I recently purchased the Canon PowerShot SX530 HS.  It's a bit more camera than I have ever had, so it's taking some getting used to.  My question is I have been unable to locate where I can turn the flash off.  I want to do this for taking photos at shows, etc.  Is there a simple, quick way to do this?  If so, please explain step by step.  Thank you very much!  Pat

7 REPLIES 7

John_
Authority

The key is you have to lift the flash up first to access and change the flash mode then follow the instructions I included. In your case choose the last symbol on the right for "flash off" then press the Func Set button and thats it.

Flash.JPG

Thank you John, but the flash doesn't lift.

That's odd I got that picture from page 71 of your manual for the SX530 HS also on page 33 it shows how to lift it up 

John, thank you again.  I finally figured out how to lift the flash, wow do I feel foolish.  It appears that to take photos, it needs to be on Auto and the flash still goes off in Auto.  Is that correct? 

Yes in Auto Flash it will fire the flash if the camera senses it needs to not to be confused with the Auto Program mode for taking pictures...no worries there's a lot to these cameras!

So what setting should it be on to take photos without flash?

Look at that first picture I sent you can turn the flash off that way and in any shooting mode, auto, program, tv av etc

You set the shooting mode with the dial on top you turn the flash off by raising it and using the arrows to select the off symbol then press the "func set" button

Announcements