cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX530 HS remote

mam26
Apprentice

Is there a remote that will work with the PowerShot SX530 HS? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mam26 wrote:

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately, I'm setting up a photobooth but there is no wifi connection so I assume the phone wont work. Any alternatives?

How do you plan to get the images out of the camera?   And, then print stuff out as a hard copy?

I would think that the SX530 is ill-suited for this type of application.  I don't think you need a camera with 50x zoom in a photo booth.  What you need is an expensive camera [with a wide angle lens] that permits you to do tethered shooting, via USB connected to a small computer.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

John_
Authority

You can control is via your smartphone with the free software

I dont think there's a wired remote for it though

Thanks for your response! Unfortunately, I'm setting up a photobooth but there is no wifi connection so I assume the phone wont work. Any alternatives?

@mam26 wrote:

How do you plan to get the images out of the camera?   And, then print stuff out as a hard copy?

I would think that the SX530 is ill-suited for this type of application.  I don't think you need a camera with 50x zoom in a photo booth.  What you need is an expensive camera [with a wide angle lens] that permits you to do tethered shooting, via USB connected to a small computer.

Thanks for your help! The camera was gifted to us, so we are trying to make it work. But maybe we should exchange for one of the cameras you mentioned. Thank you!

@mam26 wrote:

Thanks for your help! The camera was gifted to us, so we are trying to make it work. But maybe we should exchange for one of the cameras you mentioned. Thank you!

Oops, I made a typo.  You need an INEXPENSIVE camera that has the ability to tether to a computer for remote control via USN.

So does the SX530 HS not have the ability to use a remote switch? We are also wanting to use this camera in a photobooth (not what it was originally bought for) for my kid's 1st birthday party. 

Moonslp
Apprentice
Do you have to be within wifi range in order to use your phone app? Is there Bluetooth on this thing?

No, the camera itself creates its own network in which you can connect. then open up the canon app and tada- you have it. 

Announcements