If the camera is not recognized correctly in a Windows 7 environment and the cause is unknown, follow the procedures below to delete the camera's device driver, and then reinstall it.
1. Connect the [DIGITAL Terminal] to the PC's USB terminal using a USB Cable (camera end: Mini-B).
2. Press the <Power> button to turn the camera on.
3. Click [Start] (), right-click [Computer], click [Properties], and then click [Device Manager].
4. The following window appears.
Double-click [Other devices] or [Portable Devices].
5. The following window appears.
Select the model name of your camera, or select [Canon Camera], and then click the [Uninstall] () button in the upper section of the screen.
6. The following window appears.
7. Click the [Scan for hardware changes] () button.
8. A new device driver is now installed.