cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Shot Elph 330HS - Transferring to Computer via Card Reader?

ty48
Apprentice

I just bought a new Elph 330, along with a Lexar 32GB Multi-Use SDHC memory card.  Using the included interface cable, I was able to transfer pictures from the camera to my computer's "My Pictures" folder; however, it put each picture (taken on different days) into a different folder.  I don't like this - prefer to do it the way I did with my previous camera.

My previous camera was a Canon Power Shot SD600 Digital Elph and with it, I used a SanDisk 1GB SD card and transferred the pictures to my computer  by inserting the memory card into a card reader (SanDisk ImageMate 12 in 1)which allowed me to open Windows Explorer and copy the pictures I wanted to copy to the folders I wanted to copy them to in "My Pictures".

I tried to put my new 32GB SDHC memory card into the (old)card reader but got no response.  Is there a way I can transfer the pictures from the memory card to the computer using the card reader? 

My operating system is WindowsXP-SP3

I am not very savy about cameras and card readers, etc - so please explain in easy terms.

Thanks.............Ty

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Hi ty48!

Thanks for posting!

You may indeed use a card reader to transfer images.  All you will need to do is open the My Computer window from the Start menu.  When the memory card is in the reader, it will be assigned a drive letter in this window.  You can open the card, then drag-and-drop the images to any location on your computer's hard drive.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, Mike:

I found that my old card reader could not read the new SDHC card.  It could only read SD cards.  So I went out and bought myself a new reader that reads both SDHC and SD cards.

Ty

Announcements