cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only sport and auto mode works on cannon sx50 hs

frank0308
Apprentice

Hello cannon lovers!

For about 3 months already, i've been having issues with my cannon sx50 hs, even when i move the dial of the shooting options, it only moves from sport to auto and i cannot use the other shooting modes from the camera, the camera has 4 years already, but is in excellent conditions, it's a great camera i really hope not to have it changed for a new one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

John_
Authority

Try doing the basic things first like reset the camera to defaults and then if that doesnt work take the battery out and hold the power button down. If all that fails then the cicuit board under the mode dial is probably at fault or the mechanical switch itself in which case it would need service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John_
Authority

Try doing the basic things first like reset the camera to defaults and then if that doesnt work take the battery out and hold the power button down. If all that fails then the cicuit board under the mode dial is probably at fault or the mechanical switch itself in which case it would need service.

frank0308
Apprentice
Thanks so much, never thought I would get an answer this quick, I already try the first 2 steps, it wouldn't work, so I will need to have it looked by a tech

Check out the prices on refurbished SX50's first. I bought one 2 years ago from Canon at a great price and Im sure they've come down in price since then, It might be cheaper than a repair and an extended warranty might be available also.

Announcements