cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help adding device to Canon ELPH 320 HS

kelly1010
Apprentice

I just bought a Canon ELPH 320 HS. I am having trouble adding my laptop as a device. I have Windows 8, and I downloaded what I thought was the windows 8 compatible version of Canon Picture Window. All of the settings in my control panel seem to be correct as far as media sharing, etc. 

Here are the steps I've been taking. Please tell me if I'm doing something wrong. 

I touch the internet icon 

Then the computer icon 

Click Add a device 

Our wireless connection shows up, so I select that, I enter our network password and 

then my laptop shows up and I select that. 

And at this point it says connected to Kelly's Laptop, and has that spinning circle. It takes forever to connect. And then I get a communication error/connection failed error. 

Please tell me what I'm doing wrong! Thanks!! The wifi was one of the main reasons why I bought this camera. It will be a huge disappointment if it doesn't work. 

1 REPLY 1

Mykolas
Authority

Hi kelly1010!

The instructions for setting this up also mention needing to make some changes to the Windows Firewall settings.  Certain ICMP Inbound Echo Requests and UPnP services must be enabled.  You mentioned you have been through the necessary Control Panel options already.  Did you also enable these in the Windows Firewall settings?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements