cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My play display button would not let me see my pictures

Agallardo22
Apprentice
Hi please help me I have this issue on my camera on SX530 HS canon for some reason when I press the play button I cannot see anything it just says canon and it turns off I tried fixing the display settings but it still wont turn on to see my pictures how can I fix this is there something wrong? What can I do to make it work again?? Would it work again?
2 REPLIES 2

John_
Authority

I would try a different battery. Even though the battery may read full it still might be defective and shuts down/shorts out under the demand to play/view pictures and videos

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Agallardo22,

Thank you for posting.

This sounds like it may be related to the memory card that you're using.

Try taking the memory card out of your camera, then power your camera on. Next, switch it to the playback mode. Does the camera stay powered on?

If the camera stays powered on, the memory card may be the cause of this issue. Your camera accepts SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.

While we don't recommend specific brands or models of cards, we do recommend that you use a memory card produced by a major manufacturer that closely adhere to the current industry standards. You may see the standards at sdcard.org.

We recommend against the use of cards that require an adapter to fit in the camera (i.e. micro-SD or Mini-SD). The increase in the number of connections between the camera and memory card (from the memory card to the adapter, then from the adapter to the camera) makes a malfunction more likely.

Important: Your camera does not support memory cards using the UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III standards. Some such cards will have "UHS-I, UHS-II or UHS-III on them. Others will have a "1", "2" or "3" superimposed on a "U".

If your camera still powers down, even without a memory card, it will require service.  

You may set up the repair of your camera at this site: https://www.usa.canon.com/repair. When accessing our site, we recommend the use of updated versions of the Chrome or Firefox browsers.

Once on our site, click on "Request Product Repair". On the next page, begin entering your camera's model, then select the appropriate model, when it appears below. Next, fill in the information on this page, and those that follow.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements