cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Power Shot SX 530 hs will not shoot video.

bfairless
Apprentice

When I turn the dial to the video camers icon and press the shutter button it just takes still shots.

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi bfairless!

Thanks for reaching out to Canon USA, we're happy to help!

While this might seem counterintuitive, your camera is actually functioning properly. The shutter button on your camera is only for taking photos. To initiate a video recording, you’ll press the “record” button on the back of the camera. That’s the button with a red dot here:

SX530 HS Record Button.JPG

If you try this and you’re still having issues, our 100% free, US-based technical support will be happy to help! They’re available weekdays from 10am to 10pm (ET) at 1-800-OK-CANON.

If you’re out of the USA, you’ll want to reach out to technical support in your country. You’ll find contact information on their website by clicking HERE.

We hope this helps!

Thanks. I actually feel pretty stupid.

Mine just beeps 5-6 times when I try to record video. its not recording. it was working great then I had to charge the battery and now its not working. I put a new memory 4GB memory card in it too incase it was memory related lol but its still a no-go. Its like 5-6 fast beeps when I try. Do I have to "format" the card to the camera? REEEEEE

just had to reformat the card! thanks guys!

Announcements