cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Power Shot S2IS screen is not displaying a view thru the lens, only the icons.

rtist
Apprentice

My camera is showing all the icon indicators, but no view through the lens, only a black screen. What does this indicate?

5 REPLIES 5

hsbn
Whiz
Does it show your an error code also? Normally, the lens could be stuck. Try to turn off your camera, then look at the lens, turn it on again, zoom in and out to see if the lens open.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thanks for the reply. The lens looks like it opens, although, I could be mistaken. But even looking thru the view finder, there is only the black screen with the white rectangle and some of the other data on the screen. I see no error message. If I press the button to take a photo, I hear the usual shutter sound, but of course no image appears, and I guess it would only be a black image anyway.

if everything looks fine from the outside, then I don't think I can help anymore. You can send it to Canon to repair. If it is an old camera, you can take advantage of their Loyalty Program (trading old camera for a different one for cheap).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide

Thank you so much. I appreciate your assistance. I will look into a trade. This camera is about 9 years old.

Did you check the lens cap?

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements