cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PowerShot SX200 IS Memory card error

JerryButorac
Apprentice

Out of nowhere, I came up with a memory card error on my canon power shot sx 200 is. Any suggestions on how to correct the problem?

36 REPLIES 36

4vrCanon
Apprentice

The best (most dependable, error free) Memory cards are Sandisk brand.. Off the wall brands are iffy at best. Recommonded are name brand cards.

----------------------------------------------------------
There is no picture without light and shadow.

I use Sandisc & they pack up every 2 months or so. CAnnot rely on my camera when away from home

CanonSW
Apprentice

1.  Older Canons (pre-2007) can only use SD cards, not SDHC cards.

2.  There is a tiny tab on the left side of the SD card (when you are reading the front, tab is on left side).  Slide it up to lock the SD card, and slide it down to unlock it (when you want to use the camera).

3.  Remember to format the SD card.   See your owner's manual or look on-line to get directions.

If these things don't solve your problem, you may have damaged the SD slot reader.  You may have to have them repaired. 

I have an S2SI canon power shot, I put a new memory card in it and it wont read it. It says there is a memory card error. I checked to make sure the tab on the card was in the right position. I went to the tools in menu but the space for "format" is dark and I am unable to click on it? I am very frustrated with the whole thing. I hope someone can help! Thanks in advance!

Hi Roxyrocket,

So we may better assist you, please reply with the following information:

1. Does this occur with all memory cards that you've tried?
  2. Which memory card model(s) are you using?
Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I tried the 16 GB SDHC (SanDisk) I then tried a Toshiba 16GB SD only memory card. 

I tried the 16 GB SDHC (SanDisk) I then tried a Toshiba 16GB SD only memory card.

@Richard wrote:

Hi Roxyrocket,

So we may better assist you, please reply with the following information:

1. Does this occur with all memory cards that you've tried?
  2. Which memory card model(s) are you using?

Ask your QA team to test your product selling it.

Same issue: http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/PowerShot/Canon-a-worst-product-and-service/td-p/164543

Have you tried them in a computer or another device yet?

Announcements