cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an fixed lense camera with macro to take close up shots

brauem01
Apprentice

How do i know the closest focus distance for any given camera?   it doesnt seem like this is a specified camera characteristic??   Any recommendations for a camera that can take close up shots like in the 3" range??

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You need to ask this on the Powershot forum since EOS are all removable lens cameras. That said, my EF-S 60 mm has a life size image on the sensor about 5 inches from the front of the lens.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@brauem01 wrote:

How do i know the closest focus distance for any given camera?   it doesnt seem like this is a specified camera characteristic??   Any recommendations for a camera that can take close up shots like in the 3" range??

Every lens has a stated MFD, Minimum Focusing Distance.  I am sure bridge cameras have a similar specification.

Stating that you want the lens 3 inches away does not shed much light on your needs.  Focal length and magnification factor are one way to describe macro photography.

What angle of view are you looking for?  How large is the subject(s) that you are trying to photography?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements