cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightroom will not recognize G9X with a iMac

Greg14
Contributor

Lightroom will not recognize G9X with a iMac

I have download several Canon software programs and while most of them say, No camera was found.
A program titled CameraWindow DC 8.bundle will open but it asks to open an older photo app that I no longer use.

Here are the programs I downloaded, they have subfolders.

Is there a program that I need for the G9X, several of the programs refer to EOS.

I have 2 Nikons and do not have a problem having LR recognize them.

What am I doing wrong or need to add ?

Thanks,
Greg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Got the IFC-600PCU and it works with both the LR and the Apple Aperture photo software.

I notified Amazon that they need to be aware that Companies that claim a cable works with Canon Powershot Cameras is not being accurate, either it will not work on all the PS cameras or with any of them.
Weather they pay attention is up to them, it cost them money to return the first 2.

I also sent a comment to Canon, I could not find anywhere in the manual what cable to use.
In fact, in the index they do not even list : USB, or Cable, or any reference to a USB direct transfer.
I think that my old Nikon for my wife came with a USB wire, since the cable is not as common, perhaps they should have included it, just my 2 cents.

Hopefully this will help others,

Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Try ImageCapture directly.

I tried that, it does not recgonize the camera, I cannot find a way of adding the camera to Image Capture either.

Have you tried a new USB cable? I never have had a problem having any of my Macs recognizing any of my Canons.

(A) Cable
I just got the cable as it required a cable I did not have.
 good suggestion.

I will have to get another cable, since this is the first and only one I have.

(B)

Yes, I have used the Card Reader and the SD card works just fine.
I would prefer the direct to LR from the camera, as I am not a big fan of pulling the SD card out all the time.
It is a b/u camera so it is not the end of the world.

Any other thoughs in the meantime ?

Greg

Got the IFC-600PCU and it works with both the LR and the Apple Aperture photo software.

I notified Amazon that they need to be aware that Companies that claim a cable works with Canon Powershot Cameras is not being accurate, either it will not work on all the PS cameras or with any of them.
Weather they pay attention is up to them, it cost them money to return the first 2.

I also sent a comment to Canon, I could not find anywhere in the manual what cable to use.
In fact, in the index they do not even list : USB, or Cable, or any reference to a USB direct transfer.
I think that my old Nikon for my wife came with a USB wire, since the cable is not as common, perhaps they should have included it, just my 2 cents.

Hopefully this will help others,

Greg

Announcements