Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Keeping getting disconnected from “canon camera connect” app

I have a PowerShot SX60 and an iPhone 6s. I’ve used the app numerous times without issue but recently I can’t seem to stay connected. I can get connected but as soon as I try to select images or use the camera remotely I get disconnected every time. I e tried resetting the wifi on the camera. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app . I deleted the app turned the phone off, wait ten minutes and then turn it on and reinstalled the app- all without success. Any help anyone could give me is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Product Expert

Re: Keeping getting disconnected from “canon camera connect” app

Hi Toolman99,

Thanks for posting.

Are you trying to review JPEG images or RAW images?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
New Contributor

lol i'm ashamed to say i don't know.  I just basically use it as simple point and shoot....i don't really mess with the settings.  Not sure if that helps answer your question. 

Product Expert

Hi Toolman99,

You're doing fine!

I recommend contacting our toll-free Technical Support Department. They'll have the advantage of being able to guide you through the wi-fi setup process, step by step and provide immediate feedback, where required. You may reach them by calling them at 800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. Eastern time (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.