cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompatible JPEG

deewalters
Apprentice

I took some pictures with my Power Shot A1100 IS and they showed up on my screen but a couple days later when I went to view them again they didn't appear on the screen but there was a question mark on the screen with "Incompatible JPEG" message.  Why did this happen and how can I view the pictures.  I can load them to my pc but I can't view them on my camera. 

4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Hi Deewalters,

We are sorry to hear that you get an incompatible JPEG message on the camera screen.  This may be attributed to several factors.  The first would be a situation where images were loaded onto the computer, changed or edited, and then loaded back onto the card.  The camera can't read the external changes and therefore can't be read.  The same could be true if you were to change the name then load them back onto the card. 

Another case would be the memory card itself causing a corrupt photo.  This can be solved by copying all the pictures on the card to the computer and then formatting the card in the camera.  Then start over with the freshly formatted card and test.  Another solution to this would be to try a different memory card altogether. 

If the camera itself is causing the message, then it may require Service.  To start off the service process, please use the request a repair page through this link

If you have an urgent need to get in touch with Canon, please Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Gamboa007
Apprentice

This Just Happened To Me An I Figured That The Reason It Did That Was Because I Rotated My Pictures On My Computer. So I Went Back On To My Computer An Rotated Them Back How They Were Originally An The Message It Went Away

RVVanLife
Apprentice

I have Canon power Shot , i put sd card in card reader and in to computer, i rotated many pics, i put card back into camera i got the question marks of those rotated, its true u just have to put card bak in computer , open file to view it after u get the pop up screen , and rotate back all the pics that got rotaded , u can rotate them all the same direction

RNDpics
Apprentice

Tim,

I know it has been awhile since your answer came out on viewing "incompatible jpeg". I purchased my Power Shot this summer. Your solution still works. I'd rotated the pic on my computer. I put the card back into computer and rotated the pic back the message and question marks are gone. Special note: It does not matter which way they were rotated. Great fix!Smiley Happy

Announcements