cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS IT THE BATTERY OR CAMERA? SD450

Bob-L
Apprentice

I have a Canon Powershot SD450 that I pulled out of the drawer not used for several years.  I have two batteries NB-4L.  I charged each in the CB-2LV G charger until the light turned green.  When I put them in the camera, both times after a very short period (2-3 minutes), the red low battery light came on the creen and shortly after message to recharge the battery. I have ordered a SX720 HS for an upcoming cruise.  (we're point and shoot type people), but is the SD450 usable--should I spend money on another battery for it or is it likely a camera problem?

4 REPLIES 4

John_
Authority

If I were you I would buy a new battery it is most likely your batteries are shot. Keep the receipt buy it locally if you can and return it if it does not work. Batteries do not do well when sitting around without being used for long periods. They like to be charged and discharged to stay at peak level.

That  seems reasonable.  The SX720 HS bundle that is coming in a few days includes an extra NB-13L battery. Can that be used in a SD450 in place of the NB-4L? The difference on the label is that the NB-4L is3.7V and 760mAH vs the NB-13L of 3.6V and 1250mAH.  Yes, I'm cheap and have to answer to my wife about what I spend. 

Well the 1/10th of a difference in voltage should not matter neither does the 1250 mah capacity matter either but it will most likely not physically fit the SD 450...if it fits try it.

lol no sense in spending money if you do not have to

Bob-L
Apprentice
Thanks. I'll update succes or ?? in a few days
Announcements