cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought a canon sx720 hs how do I upload pictures video to computer using usb cable?

santifilo
Apprentice

How do I upload pictures video using usb cable ?

9 REPLIES 9

@santifilo wrote:

How do I upload pictures video using usb cable ?

The most obvious method is via a USB card reader, of which there are many that are both reliable and affordable.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

yes, but you should not need to if the dumb device knew how to connect to wi fi. Also, why don't they come with a cable??

@tony2 wrote:

yes, but you should not need to if the dumb device knew how to connect to wi fi. Also, why don't they come with a cable??

The camera doesn't come with a memory card, either.  This "point and shoot" camera market is highly competitive. 

Adding a USB cord and a card only raises the price in a highly competitive market.  In addition, most consumers in this market already have a cord from another device that they already own.  And, if they don't already own a memory card, they would much rather choose their own card capacity.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Usually i use the  memory card inserted to computer  card slot to upload ( card must be initialized by computer ).

I have sony camera cable that fits to canon  and uploaded pictures to computer in long research and finaly it works.

What i did was open your windows 10  picture folder, insert usb cable, then on the camera for uploading the pictures and the computer promp that says " initialize ... forgot  the wordings  " then i follow the hint of the computer and for many trials, i was able to upload now my SX710HS to computer. One try is maybe bad and next try maybe succesfull... if you research the best procedure to upload the pictures but consider your antivirus software first becasuse this is one factor that you will not succeed for many trials. Windows have mind to understand what you want but other software block it for security reason.

jimmygaudet
Apprentice

I bought a cord that is usb on one end and the other fits into the top horizontal slot of the camera (NOT HDMI). on my computer I go into the computer system under user and the camera icon shows up like an external drive. I create a folder on the desktop and transfer pics. wifi is too slow. I usually then delete at least half of them and edit the rest. It is really dumb that its not included with the camera. it would only cost the company about $1.00

ALSO NOTE

this cord will not charge your battery! which is also dumb. Made the mistake of thinking oh its plugged in. its getting power itll be all charged tomorrow for the zoo. at the zoo I power it on and immediately the whole camera cut out LOL. The battery only charges thru the wall plug battery charger.

@jimmygaudet wrote:

I bought a cord that is usb on one end and the other fits into the top horizontal slot of the camera (NOT HDMI). on my computer I go into the computer system under user and the camera icon shows up like an external drive. I create a folder on the desktop and transfer pics. wifi is too slow. I usually then delete at least half of them and edit the rest. It is really dumb that its not included with the camera. it would only cost the company about $1.00

ALSO NOTE

this cord will not charge your battery! which is also dumb. Made the mistake of thinking oh its plugged in. its getting power itll be all charged tomorrow for the zoo. at the zoo I power it on and immediately the whole camera cut out LOL. The battery only charges thru the wall plug battery charger.

If you're complaiining about why a cord is not included, here are the facts as I understand them.  The P&S market is highly competitive.  Manufacturers look for ways to reduce costs, and lower the sellling price, wherever they can.  One easy way way to cut cost is to not include a cable.  Research shows that most purchasers of P&S cameras already own a suitable cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@jimmygaudet wrote:

ALSO NOTE

I wonder if they don't allow in-camera charging because of the extra heat that might be produced by the charging process. Not a lot of free air space around the battery when it's closed up in the camera body. Robot Sad

newsense52
Rising Star

Can you download now pictures to your computer via USB cable?

I think this is not working because the camera is wifi capable and USB function is disabled.

elizabethB
Apprentice

How do I upload videos from SX720 camera to Picasa on computer

Announcements