cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I upload photos to PC?

Dion
Contributor

Just bought a Canon SX60 HS today. How are you supposed to upload photos to a PC without them providing a USB lead?

I keep going round in circles on this, getting directed to download CameraWindow but it only seems to go to a smartphone rather than a PC. 

I'm completely astonished at how difficult and confusing it is to perform this most basic task. Am I missing something? Why are USBs not provided?

12 REPLIES 12

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Dion,

Thanks for posting.

Canon stopped providing USB cables as part of our commitment to a cleaner environment.

Your camera accepts a USB to mini-B cable. The camera's USB terminal is located on the right-hand side of the camera (as you're holding it to take a photo) under a small door.

These cables are normally available from camera and electronics shops, or camera or electronics departments in larger stores.

You may also purchase the Interface Cable IFC-400PCU from Canon or an authorized dealer. For assistance locating a suitable USB cable, please call our Canon Sales and Accessories Department at (800) 652-2666 between 8:00 AM and midnight ET, seven days a week. They will assist you with product information and dealer locations.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You need to install " Digital Camera Software 4.3 ', which is available at this link.  Didn't you get a software disk with the camera?  The directions are in your instruction manual.  You can download it from here.  Read it.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support 

Use that link to navigate to your camera's support page.  You failed to state what OS you are using, so I will assume Windows 7. 

Select the "Software" button.

Select "Windows 7" or "Windows 7(x64)" in the drop down box.

Hopefully, you can figure it out from here.  If not, read your instruction manual.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks for posting that link but I can't see " Digital Camera Software 4.3 ' on there anywhere. Then when I enter the model number I'm given various other choices, among which is "Digital Photo Professional 4.5.10 for Windows", is that what I need?

I'm using Windows 10 by the way.

On page 126 of the manual it says to go to this link:

http://www.canon.com/icpd/

If you follow that link and then enter the model number as printed, guess where you end up? Back on the manual!

So having gone round in that circle for around the 7th time by now, what can I do? Download "The Software"? What software, i.e., what's it called?

Page 164 refers to "The Software" as well so back in the circle at a different entry point.

Dion
Contributor
Let's just leave the environmental factor to one side for the moment, my question remains, how can I upload photos to my PC since you deemed a USB cable unnecessary?

I note you provided me with a battery which is also harmful to the environment, as is the camera itself.

Putting all that aside, I've followed the tortuous task of trying to locate the software that I'm supposed to download so that I can upload photos via WiFi to my PC.

So please please tell me where is it??? The instructions on your various manuals do not provide the answer to this which I find truly incredible.

Stop complailning so loudly.  Have you read the Instruction Manual?  Page 126?  Page 164?

Yes, I have read the manual. The manual has led me round in circles to this forum. I challenge you to show me or tell me what I'm supposed to download. I'll then walk away quietly and you'll hear no more complaints. 🙂

@Dion wrote:

Yes, I have read the manual. The manual has led me round in circles to this forum. I challenge you to show me or tell me what I'm supposed to download. I'll then walk away quietly and you'll hear no more complaints. 🙂

You lost your challenge in your initial post.  You just don't realize it, yet.  You can complain as loud as you wish, but the answers you seek are right in front of your face.  You're too bent on finding failure, and succeeding at it.

I've already spelled out what you need to do, step by step.  Download the Windows 7 software.

[EDIT]  Obviously, you going to need a jump start.  Install the Windows 7 software, which is what was current when the camera was released.  THEN, install the software updates for Windows 10.

No, you really haven't explained it. I don't care about winning or losing a challenge. I just want to upload photos to my PC with my new camera. If you can't help with that just keep your sarcasm to yourself and go and do something else.

Announcements