cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I Get Download Software for my A520 & Win10?

abrogard
Contributor

The Canon site says they haven't decided yet whether or not their software is compatible with win10.

Which I guess means that it isn't, and won't be.  Seeing the camera is so old.

But I'd like to try. Seeing their software worked with win8.

But it doesn't give me the option because it detects I have win10.

How can I download the software and try it out?

Or is there some other software that will do it?

Or I have to pull the mem card every time I want to transfer the pics?   (That's not really a hassle but I hate having to reset the date and time).

🙂

1 REPLY 1

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Abrogard,

Thanks for posting.

If you haven't already done so, you may access the software by clicking here. Once on our site, please click on "Drivers & Downloads" (under the image of the camera), then use the drop-down menu to choose Windows 8.1 or 8.1 (x64). ImageBrowser EX has not been updated for Windows 10, but the software under Windows 8.1 or 8.1 (x64) will work on your computer.

Next, click on the [Select] button to the right of "ImageBrowser EX", then click on "How to Download and Install" (in red) for installation instructions. To begin the download, click on the red [Download] button.

Please download and install "CameraWindow DC 8.10.4a for Windows", too.

During installation, please ensure that you have an active internet connection. The installer may request permission to access the Canon website to update the software. Please allow this.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements