cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help getting pictures to transfer to my computer from my PowerShot SX530 HS

kewkew34
Contributor

Okay, I thought I should start a new message thread as this is technically a different question than my previous one. And I have a different camera than the one mentioned in the other thread with this same topic.

We were very disappointed to see there was no cord to use to import the pictures from the camera to the computer. Every other camera I have had used a cord. So, the first question would be, is there a cord available to purchase?

We tried connecting to wi-fi, followed all the steps, but then it kept giving us a message that it couldn't connect. We gave up after like 10 tries. Is there a way to get a hold of some tech person to help figure out why it isn't working. Our computer isn't the newest, but it isn't that old either, we got it 3 years ago, and it has Windows 10. 

I ended up getting an accessory kit that included a card reader. I was able to successfully use the card reader for the first week I had it. Then a few times it would give me problems and I would have to try several times to import before it would work. Then today, after importing and deleting my latest pictures, I put my memory card back in my camera and received a "memory card error." I definitely am not thrilled with taking the memory card out of the camera so often to have to import my pictures. That is why I would really like to be able to find out if there is a cord available or if there is someone who can help us figure out the wi-fi. 

I did use the tip given in my previous thread (the one about deleting pictures from the camera) to format the memory card, as I had never formatted it after using it in my old camera. Plus it had gotten up to 800 pictures that I hadn't been able to delete. So, I don't know if I have it fixed now. But I am very nervous about using that card reader again and losing my pictures. 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

newsense52
Rising Star

Lets start solving the problem one after the other. Bring camera to an electronic store and ask for universal serial bus 2.0

You have to download camera app to your computer to use the usb chord.

Not exactly sure what you are meaning. But I do think we have already downloaded the camera app to the computer. Wouldn't we have needed to do that as a part of the steps for the wifi anyway. 

Honestly, I know I had the cord down as my first question. But I would love to figure out the wifi thing because I don't feel we should have had to purchase something extra to import my pictures from the camera. 

For USB use  you have to get canon image transfer utility for windows. If your camera is wifi capable, USB is disabled.

When you try wifi - what is the error message or in what part of the procedure you were stuck?

Make sure your computer is wifi enable first before the camera is wifi on. If the computer says not connected to camera or  can't find the device- this means that your wifi  is not connecting.

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Kewkew34,

Thanks for posting.

For assistance with your camera's Wi-Fi connection, please contact our technical Support team. For contact options, please use this link: http://Canon.us/ContactCF

Your camera accepts a USB to mini-B cable (not included). The camera's USB terminal is located on the right-hand side of the camera (as you're holding it to take a photo) under a small door. These cables are normally available from camera and electronics shops, or camera or electronics departments in larger stores.

You may also purchase the Interface Cable IFC-400PCU from Canon or an authorized dealer. For assistance locating a suitable USB cable, please call our Canon Sales and Accessories Department at (800) 652-2666 between 8:00 AM and midnight ET, seven days a week. They will assist you with product information and dealer locations.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements